We are recruiting people who are planning to attend a psychedelic ceremony and are interested in completing our surveys before and after their experience.
Psychedelics can improve mental health… but how does this happen?
The main goal of this study is to explore whether the psychedelic experience can influence a person’s core beliefs about the world, oneself, and one’s relationship with others. If this is the case, our secondary goal is to investigate whether a person’s mental-emotional reactions to their environment and to the psychedelic experience play a role in this change of core beliefs. Next to these aims, we explore the influence of the psychedelic ceremony setting and the nature of the psychedelic experience.
Note: We do not provide the psychedelic ceremony. We are recruiting people who are planning to attend a ceremony for themselves and want to help out with our research at the same time.
Are you looking for a psychedelic ceremony to attend? We recommend checking out one of the retreat organizations that we collaborate with on this project. These include: Innerlijke Reis and Het Wonder Van Bestaan.
Do you want to help us find out?
During this study, we ask you to complete surveys online at 3 different time-points:
- You are an adult: 18+
- You are planning to attend a psychedelic ceremony.
- The ceremony you plan to attend takes place in two weeks from now, or later. It is important that you have at least two weeks between Survey 1 and the Ceremony because some survey questions can be triggering and we don’t want them to influence your experience.
- You can read and write in English.
- You are not receiving schema therapy at a mental health clinic.
- You have not had a psychedelic experience in the last 3 months